11/9/11

Creative Cafe Design Team Wednesday Altered Art

As your Altered Art Wednesday Designer, I'd like to introduce you to my first project as a design team member. We were to make projects that were "All About Me" and I figured what better way than to make a box for my medications. All the different images on the box highlight things about me/who I am/what I like/etc. If you go to my photos on Creative Cafe, I've expanded on what the images on the box represent.




I started with a bare wood box I picked up at Michael's and stained it with Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink that I mixed up into a custom glimmer color. I then colored the digi stamp that is on the top which is from Slekje Digi Stamps with my Copic markers and applied her with Mod Podge. I also used Mod-Podge over the rest of the box to seal the finish I then stapled the cross into the front using a bar staple from my Fastenator. I actually had to hammer the staple in to get it to go into the slide on the cross the way I wanted to. I then ran the ribbon I was going to use through my small Xyron so that it would have adhesive on it. I used the ribbon with the adhesive to hold the medallions on, however they were a little too heavy so I had to go back & use Glossy Accents behind them to actually get the medallions to stay on the box. Next I attached the various stickers to the sides and inside lid. I had a few hiccups along the way, but that is the basics. I always tend to do things the hard way, so I ended up going back and forth and re-doing things, but the basic, important things/steps are in order...


Below are closeups of the cross and the medallions that are on the box. The larger pictures don't show the detail on them.




2 comments:

Im just me - Marleen said...

Ahhh its really beautiful. love it xxx

Dawn said...

Great work! Love the embellishments!
Hugs
Dawn xx CBN