9/20/11

Doodlings

This is just some "doodlings" that I've been doing recently. Most of them aren't really completed projects however I've been playing with stamps and tags a lot and having fun...sooo here's some of the things I've been working on.



 These tags are inspired by a tutorial that Cassie over at Cassie's Craftspot did. I LOVE how she taught me how to make metallic tags! Thank you Cassie!

I used a leftover tag from another project that I had cut out of plain white cardstock made by Colorbok, then I covered it with metallic air conditioning duct tape similar to THIS, then I ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot with my Regal Flourishes Tim Holtz embossing folder. After embossing, I colored the tag...I used a variety of markers I had on hand, mostly Sharpie(Cassie recommends Copics or Sharpies as they dry better) then, after I was all done coloring my patterns and backgrounds, I used my Marvy heat gun to set the ink from the markers.
 

 This clocks card is the same basic technique from Cassie as above except that I used a recycled piece of cardboard in order to emboss a much larger area. Prior to embossing I used a copper/bronze color stamp ink over the entire front surface of the card then heat set this with my heat gun.  I then ran my aluminum duct tape covered, inked recycled cardboard through my Sizzix with yet another Tim Holtz folder(The Clocks one) to get the steampunk clocks look. Once that was complete, I used a black ink pad & rubbed it over the raised surfaces. This created an antiqued look. After I did this, I wiped off any excess ink and then heat-set it again. You can see in the pic on the right what the un-inked back side looks like, the pic on the left is the completed front side...This inks I used were pigment ink by Studio G and whereas I absolutely LOVE their stamp ink, it is not the best for aluminum tape because it does NOT dry fast, even WITH the heat...I believe per Cassie's instructions something like VersaMark or StazOn would work better. I did not own either when I made these.  I will try a quicker drying, more permanant ink next time. I still LOVE how these came out, especially since I was just experimenting.




Stamping Doodles

Full page of stamps, working primarily with Copic Markers, PrismaColor Pencils and Pebbles Chalks

 Russian Nesting Dolls Stamp by Studio G for Hampton Art



Tinkerbell Stamp by:All Night Media, Inc
Unicyclist Stamp by:Michael's 


  Baby Feet Stamp by: Studio G for Hampton Art

Victorian Lady Faces Stamp by: Inkadinkado for EK Success

Cherub Faces Stamp by: Inkadinkado for EK Success
  • Colored as follows: All skintones are Copic markers
  • Left hand image, no additional coloring
  • 2nd from left: PrismaColor pencils in hair
  • 2nd from Right: Copic markers in hair for shading
  • Right: PrismaColor pencils with Pebbles Chalk over hair

Sorry these two images are sideways...If ANYONE knows how to make blogger rotate pics, I'd be INCREDIBLY grateful for instructions!!! I know how to do it in my editing programs, but not once uploaded...

Summer Dresses Stamps by Pink by Design 




 This was made by recycling a Cricut cartridge package. I cut the acetate package down to the size of my Tim Holtz Regal Flourishes Sizzix folder and ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot. Then I used my Marvy Uchida Le Plume II Markers to color the back side of the acetate.
For this piece I again recycled a cardboard box. I like recycling and/or re-purposing items and I use A LOT of cardboard in my daily life. I then sprayed it with a home-made glimmer paint. I found a tutorial for making this paint on You-Tube however unfortunately I do not remember the artist who's formula I based mine on...I will eventually go back and credit her. After the paint dried I then ran the painted cardboard through my Sizzix Big Shot using the Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls embossing folder. I then used a variety of metallic and glitter Gel Pens to color in the vines and birds. All in all it came out very nice. 

I'm trying to decide exactly what I'm going to do with the the three embossed panels I've created. On one hand, they would be very nice in picture frames with small mats around them, but on the other they look so good by themselves I don't want to mask them with matting, especially the acetate one. The clocks one I'm seriously considering turning into a clock, I think it would be REALLY cool like that! Any ideas to make these into completed projects would be welcome. :)





Thank you for taking time to look at all my "doodles" I've got more to share soon...I've been having lots of fun creating little things lately. 

No comments: